Pokemon Ultra Sun Rom 3ds CitraWelcome, Pokémon trainers! If you’re seeking a comprehensive guide to Pokémon Ultra Sun, look no further. This in-depth article will provide everything you need about the game, from new features to essential tips for becoming the ultimate Pokémon Master. Get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey through the Alola region!
Pokémon Ultra Sun, released in November 2017, is an enhanced version of Pokémon Sun and is part of the seventh generation of Pokémon games. Developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo, Ultra Sun takes players on a thrilling adventure through the tropical Alola region, inspired by the Hawaiian Islands. With new Pokémon, updated storylines, and exclusive features, Ultra Sun offers an immersive gaming experience perfect for veterans and newcomers.
2. The Alola Region: Discover the Islands
The Alola region is composed of four main islands, each with its unique environment, Pokémon, and challenges:
- Melemele Island: The starting point of your journey, this island is home to Iki Town and the Trainer’s School.
- Akala Island: Known for its vibrant landscape, it hosts various attractions, such as the Royal Avenue and Battle Royal Dome.
- Ula’ula Island: Featuring Mount Lanakila and the Aether House, this island offers challenging routes and plenty of secrets to uncover.
- Poni Island: The most remote of the four islands, Poni is home to vast stretches of wilderness, the Vast Poni Canyon, and the Battle Tree.
3. Meet the Starters: Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio
Your adventure begins with choosing one of three starter Pokémon:
- Rowlet: A Grass/Flying type with excellent defences and strong moves like Leafage and Razor Leaf.
- Litten: A Fire type is known for its speed and powerful attacks, including Ember and Fire Fang.
- Popplio: A Water-type with balanced stats and versatile moves, such as Bubble and Aqua Jet.
Each starter has its unique strengths and weaknesses, so choose wisely!
4. New Pokémon and Alolan Forms
Pokémon Ultra Sun introduces over 80 new Pokémon, including regional variants called Alolan Forms. Some of the most notable additions are:
- Dusk Mane Necrozma: A Psychic/Steel type Legendary Pokémon that can be caught exclusively in Ultra Sun.
- Ultra Beasts: Mysterious and powerful creatures from another dimension, such as Nihilego and Buzzwole.
- Alolan Forms: Classic Pokémon with new typings and abilities, like Alolan Raichu (Electric/Psychic) and Alolan Marowak (Fire/Ghost).
5. The Island Challenge: Master the Trials
The Island Challenge is a series of seven trials spread across the Alola region. Each trial requires you to complete a unique task, such as battling Totem Pokémon or finding hidden items. Completing trials will earn you powerful Z-Crystals, which unlock Z-Moves for your Pokémon.
6. Z-Moves: Unleash the Power
Z-Moves are powerful, once-per-battle attacks that can turn the tide in your favour. You’ll need a compatible Z-Crystal and a Pokémon with a corresponding move type to use a Z-Move. Z-Moves can be activated by equipping a Z-Crystal and selecting the Z-Power option during battle.
7. Team Skull and the Aether Foundation: Face New Foes
In Pokémon Ultra Sun, you’ll encounter two opposing factions: the notorious Team Skull and the enigmatic Aether Foundation. As yo unravel the mysteries of Alola, you’ll need to stand against these powerful organizations and their nefarious schemes.
8. Mantine Surf: Catch a Wave
Mantine Surf is an exciting new mini-game introduced in Pokémon Ultra Sun, allowing players to surf between the islands of Alola on the back of a Mantine. As you ride the waves, perform tricks, earn points to achieve high scores, and win Battle Points (BP), which can be exchanged for valuable items and move tutors.
9. The Ultra Wormhole: Explore the Unknown
The Ultra Wormhole is a gateway to alternate dimensions, home to Ultra Beasts and Legendary Pokémon. By riding on the back of Solgaleo or Lunala, players can travel through the wormhole, encountering rare Pokémon and engaging in challenging battles. Don’t miss the chance to add these powerful creatures to your collection!
10. Festival Plaza: Socialize and Trade
The Festival Plaza is a hub for connecting with other players, trading Pokémon, and participating in various activities. Earn Festival Coins (FC) by interacting with other trainers and completing missions, then spend your hard-earned currency on shops, facilities, and helpful services within the plaza.
Pokémon Ultra Sun offers an unforgettable experience for both newcomers and seasoned trainers. The game provides countless hours of entertainment with its breathtaking Alola region, captivating storyline, and unique features. By following this comprehensive guide, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the ultimate Pokémon Master in no time. So grab your Poké Balls, choose your starter, and embark on an epic adventure in Pokémon Ultra Sun!